Information for Consumers
As a consumer of mental health services, you and your family have the right to quality care delivered with respect and competence. CCPS actively works with regional mental health consumer advocacy organizations to help shape the policies of public and private institutions to assure quality care for people who have mental illness. We also maintain a list of answers to frequently asked questions about mental health care.
Several organizations exist which provide help for consumers seeking care in our service area. We encourage you to contact one or more of these organizations if you are having trouble getting the information and services you need.
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill-Sacramento
- NAMI Sacramento Web Site
- Phone: 916 874-9416
- Fax: 916 875-5807
- Address: 3701 Branch Center Rd., Room 213C, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Note: Office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. weekdays. Please call before visiting.
- Other local NAMI affiliates
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill-California
- NAMI California Web Site
- Phone: 916 567-0163
- E-mail: namica [at] pacbell [dot] net
- Address: 1111 Howe Avenue, Suite 475, Sacramento, CA 95825
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill Web Site
- Toll Free HelpLine: 800 950-NAMI (6264)
- Front Desk: 703 524-7600
- Fax: 703 524-9094
- TDD: 703 516-7227
- Address: Colonial Place Three, 2107 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22201-3042